Online Education Instructions
First, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for pursuing your Real Estate education with Champions School of Real Estate®. We are proud to offer our students the ability to complete their education online and we understand this may lead to questions regarding the way work is completed and your license is managed. The information below covers many of the key processes related to taking courses online. If you have any questions, please contact us at your convenience.
Requesting a Moral Determination Form
- Before you apply for a license, you can request that the Commission determine whether your moral character meets TREC's qualifications for honesty, trustworthiness, and integrity.
- You may need to submit a Fitness Determination (MCD) form if you have any past criminal offenses, unpaid judgements, or disciplinary action taken against a professional or occupational license. If you think you might need to submit this form, you can visit the MCD page on TREC's website to learn more before applying for a license. - Click Here to Learn More
Completing Real Estate QE & SAE Online-Correspondence Courses
- Review Materials - Log into your account and click on "My Classes" in the upper right-hand corner. Select the course you wish to work on and click the "View" button out to the right of the "Textbook" to download the course material. You will need to completely review your book/materials associated with each course. Note: If you selected a course(s) that required a textbook be shipped, please wait for it to arrive or pick it up from a campus at your convenience.
- Chapter Quizzes - To start the chapter quiz, log back into your account and click on the title of the course. Click on the "Start" button out to the right of the assignments section to begin your chapter quiz questions.
- Leaving a Quiz - If you log out and leave the chapter quiz before finishing, be sure to click the "Save My Place" button or the system will not remember your answers and you will have to start the chapter quiz over when you log back in.
- Passing All Quizzes - Once you have taken and passed all the chapter quizzes with a 100%, you will then be able to move on to the proctored exam.
- Proctored Exams - Once you have successfully passed the chapter quizzes, you will be ready to take the proctored final exam. You are allowed one absence from a proctored exam session for a course. If you miss two proctored exam sessions for a course, you will be charged a $10 fee to re-access the exam for that course.
- Failing an Exam - If you fail an exam twice, you must pay a $50 retake fee and retake the course from the beginning. Each exam will include different questions.
- Locked Out of an Exam - If you find yourself locked out of an exam, you will need to call (800) 969-2599 and speak with a member of our support staff.
- Passing Exam Score - You must make a 70% or better to pass the exam.
For Qualifying Distance Education Courses
- Chapter Quizzes - All chapter quizzes (3 questions each) must be passed with 100% before you can take the final exam. If you do not make a 100% on a quiz, you will be presented with additional questions to pass before you can proceed.
Proctored Exams - Upon completion of the chapter quizzes, you will be able to schedule your Proctored Exam session using the dropdown menu.
If you are choosing to have your exam proctored via our Champions LIVE Broadcast system, you will receive an email with instructions and a link for accessing the online exam session if you have chosen LIVE Remote. You will need a webcam to attend the proctoring session. You will have 2-hours to pass the exam during the scheduled session.
If you are choosing to have your exam proctored at one of our campuses, please show up a few minutes before your scheduled exam time so you can start your exam promptly. If you have a laptop or tablet that you wish to take your exam on, we encourage you to bring it with you.
If you using our virtual proctoring system and do not finish during your two hour window, your exam will be graded based on what has been completed. Exam questions are delivered in sets of 10. Exams must be passed with 70%.
- Exam Retakes - If you fail an exam twice, you must pay a $50 retake fee and retake the course from the beginning. Each exam will include different questions.
- Exam Timing - Per TREC rules, a 30-hour Qualifying Education (QE) or Sales Apprentice Education (SAE) course exam should not be accessed until the required amount of TREC course hours have been spent in the course. A TREC day is considered 12-hours, therefore a 30-hour course exam should not be accessed until 2.5 days after you have registered for any 30-hour course. If you have registered for multiple 30-hour courses, each subsequent exam should be 2.5 days after you finished the previous exam. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
- Reporting - Credit for these courses are NOT automatically reported to TREC. To receive credit for a course, please download the certificate that is made available upon completion and email it to TREC at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Completing the Application Process (Sales Agent / Broker)
- Create an Online Account with TREC, Submit Online Application for Inactive Sales Agent, and Send them your Course Completion Certificates - Once you have completed your courses with Champions School of Real Estate, gather all of your course completion certificates and go to https://www.trec.texas.gov/ and click on "Real Estate Sales Agent" in the "Become Licensed" dropdown menu.
- Take the State Exam Prep Class at Champions School of Real Estate® - Once you have submitted your application to TREC, it can take as long as 14 business days for them to review your application and education. At this time, we highly recommend that you complete the State Exam Prep course to ensure that you are prepared for the State Exam. This class will take the guess work and stress out of testing and you may repeat the course as many times as you want for a fully year! We recommend taking the Prep course at least two times before taking the actual exam.
- Receive Your Approval Letter from TREC and Take the State Exam at Pearson VUE - Once you receive the approval letter, 10-digit TREC identification number, and Candidate Information Brochure (CIB) from TREC, you must sign up to the state exam at a Pearson VUE Testing Center. Appointments can be made by going to pearsonvue.com/tx/realestate/ or calling them at 800-997-1248. The cost is $54 payable to Pearson Vue and must be paid at the time of reservation by credit card, debit card, voucher, or electronic check. You must pass both exams with at least a 70% for Sales and a 75% for Brokers to obtain your license.
- Get Your Fingerprints Taken and Pass Your Background Check - Once you have scheduled your state exam, visit the TREC website (www.TREC.texas.gov) and follow these steps to schedule an appointment and complete your fingerprinting/background check:
- Select 'Real Estate Sales Agent' from the 'Become Licensed' dropdown menu.
- Under 'Get Your Fingerprints Taken and Pass Your Background Check,' click on 'Fingerprints'
- Search for your account using either your TREC ID or first name, last name, and birth date in order to obtain your "Get IdentoGO ID."
- You can now use your IdentoGO ID _______ to schedule an appointment at the IdentgoGO website.
Completing Your SAE Renewal Course(s)
- Once you have completed the required Sales Agent Apprentice Education (SAE) courses(s), you will need to photocopy your certificate(s) and submit them to TREV via email, mail, or fax (TREC Contact Information)
- You may file and pay your renewal fees online to TREC on or before your expiration using a credit card for payment.
Completing Your Online CE Course(s)
- Once you have downloaded or picked up your course material you will want to completely review your book or materials corresponding with each course(s) you registered to take.
- Online students must wait 24 hours after registration before the system will allow you to start the exam. Students will be able to download the textbook and take the homework but they must wait for the 24-hour period to expire before taking the exam.
- Online-correspondence courses not completed before the end of the month your license expires will be considered late and the licensee will be subject to late fees and penalties. All CE class credit will be reported to TREC the next business day after completion.
Completing Your CE Renewal
- Once you have completed the required renewal hours, your completion hours will be reported automatically. You do not need to fax in the completion forms for Live classroom or Online.
- Remember to file and pay your renewal fees online to TREC on or before your expiration using a credit card or debit card for payment. Don't forget to also submit your fingerprints.
Completing the RMLO Online Self-Study Continuing Education
- To begin the online self-study course, login at the top of the page and click on the name of the course from the "My Classes" page. This will take you to the "Class Information" page
- On the "Class Information" page, click the "Start" button for the first module to begin review the Module material.
- Once in the module, read through each page and click the "Next" button once time has elapse to move to the next page.
- When you reach the end of the module, click the button to return to the "Class Information" page. Once on the "Class Information" page, click the "Start" button to begin the module quiz.
- Once you have successfully passed the quiz with a 70%, click the button to return to the "Class Information" and click the "Start" button to begin the next module.
- Repeat steps 2, 3, 4 and 5 until all modules are complete.
- After completing all modules, click the start button to take the exam.
- Upon successfully passing the exam, you will be able to download a course completion certificate. Credit will be reported to NMLS for you.
Learn More about our Delivery Method Options
Traditional instructor-led classes for students who learn best in a Classroom environment.
For remote students who want to stream the unparalleled Classroom experience to their home or office.
A self-paced, online option that can be completed on any device - including mobile - with an internet connection.
Customize a program to fit your needs by utilizing all of our delivery methods and resources.