My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Program
The The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) scholarship is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of tuition assistance to eligible military spouses. The scholarship assists military spouses pursue licenses, certifications, and associate degrees that support them in gaining future employment. The MyCAA program is part of the Department of Defense Spouse Education and Career Opportunities program, which provides military spouses with career coaching, employment readiness training, and other valuable resources.
Please view the MyCAA Fact Sheet, which provides basic information about the MyCAA program and military spouse eligibility. It also provides points of contact that will provide assistance to spouses, schools, and participating organizations.
Who is eligible for the MyCAA scholarship?
Spouses of service members on active duty in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2, and O-1 to O-2 who have successfully completed high school and have the ability to request tuition assistance while their military sponsor is on Title 10 military orders are eligible. Spouses married to members of the National Guard and reserves in these same pay grades are eligible.
Who is not eligible for the MyCAA scholarship?
Spouses who are married but legally separated, or under court order or statute of any state or U.S. territory, from a member of the armed forces on Title 10 orders are not eligible. Spouses whose National Guard or reserves military sponsor is in a warning order or alert, post-deployment, demobilization, or transition status are not eligible.
How to get started with the MyCAA program
- Call Champions School of Real Estate and talk to a career counselor about the best career choice for you. We offer training for Real Estate, Loan Officers, Appraisal, and Home Inspection
- Register with MyCAA
- Upon approval, call a career counselor at Champions School of Real Estate to register for courses
What are the terms and conditions for MyCAA spouses?
Each eligible spouse must electronically sign a Statement of Understanding (SOU) confirming the following statements:
- I have read the MyCAA Fact Sheet and agree that I am eligible to participate in MyCAA
- I confirm that my goal is to pursue employment in a portable career field.
- I understand that if I fail a course or fail to complete a course, my MyCAA account will be closed until I complete counseling with a Military OneSource Career and Education consultant and get the support I need to successfully pursue my portable career goals.
- I understand that if I fail to enter the correct school and course information into the MyCAA Account system, I could be held responsible for paying for courses included in my Career and Training Plan.
- I authorize MyCAA to release information necessary to work with my school for MyCAA Financial Assistance.
- I authorize the release of my school records, including transcripts and financial reports concerning my enrollments for the school(s) I have included in my Career and Training Plan to the Department of Defense.