Top Ten Reasons the Cycle Has to Move in an Upwards Trend
- Companies are moving to Texas from all over the US due to our being a "less taxing State"
- Affordability for employees – Texas homes are the most affordable in the country
- More homes in more price ranges to choose from than anywhere in the country
- Stable local market – we had an appreciating median home price last year
- Interest rates are affordably awesome!
- NOW is the time to buy – homes are "on Sale"
- Texas’s economy is strong and household incomes are rising
- Home prices are stable
- Texas Lifestyle is filled with amenities – climate, year round recreational opportunities, sporting events, lakes, Gulf of Mexico, cruises, arts and museums
- 13.1 million people are proposed to move into Tex-a-Plex between 2010 – 2030
It is important to stay current on industry trends and market conditions. Developers and builders are starting to offer better neighborhoods in order to get a head start in the race for the homebuyer. These better neighborhoods have less concrete, greener space, walking paths, and recreational locations. The cookie cutter developments save money but the creation of a sustainable neighborhood without monotony is going to get the attention of the buyer and will sell faster. Do you know where these neighborhoods are in your region?
Whether we are decorating our offices where we meet our clients, whether we are discussing a floor plan or offering a sales talk, monotony is out of place in our market. You will need to rethink the impression you are giving your clients. If you are not “in step” with the new trends then you are going to be behind on what is happening in the market. There are many things you can do to keep up with the trends. Go out to new custom home neighborhoods and get the lingo down. Read newsworthy articles for current car conversation. Take courses in the newest topics NAR offers through designation courses. Dress the part of a successful sales agent. Staging a home is the newest topic and when discussing with a seller how to get their home ready for the market, either a professional stager or you, the agent, being a designated stager need to go through the steps of home presentation.
How can you bring the market to the next level as a real estate professional?
Rethink existing operational procedures. Are they current processes? Are your ads, photos, descriptions of listings, and personal bio demonstrating the professional image you desire in order to compete at the top?
Redesign or reinvent your business model to take advantage of the new era. Perhaps you might want to become a “lone wolf” or perhaps the “lone wolf” might decide it’s time to join a large firm.
Retool your training to include production seminars, personal coaching, and retooling technologies to work smarter for you. Be particular with your social network. The former method of inviting all and everyone into your network hasn’t worked. Be selective with your money, time and attention to people within your network. Make them feel special when you add them to your contact list.
Remember the techniques that made you successful during the down times. As our market moves upwards, continue the prospecting, leasing, communication delivery methods that worked best for you and utilize them daily. Our markets are changing but changing for the best. Our good years are here. Be a harbinger of good news and a chameleon who respects change.