Champions - A MyCAA Approved School
MyCAA Career Advancement
Use your MyCAA Benefit To Get Your License!
The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program is the Department of Defense’s (DoD) employment assistance program for military spouses of active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine service member, or activated Reserve member in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O2.
DoD is committed to helping military spouses find employment in high-demand, highgrowth Portable Career fields. It is a proven fact that the more training and education job seekers have, the more likely they are to get better jobs at higher salaries. That’s why MyCAA offers the following:
Training: Eligible military spouses are now able to receive up to $4,000 of MyCAA Financial Assistance (FA) that can help them pursue need professional credentials to meet their Portable Career goals. Please see the MyCAA Fact Sheet which provides basic information about the MyCAA program and military spouse eligibility. This Fact Sheet also provides points of contact for who can help spouses, schools and participating organizations.How to get started with Champions and the MyCAA Program
- Call Champions School of Real Estate and discuss with a career counselor the best choice for your career advancement. We offer training for Real Estate, Loan Officers, Appraisal, and Home Inspection
- Register with MyCAA to receive approval. Follow this link to Register.
- Upon approval, call your Career Counselor at Champions School of Real Estate to get registered in the courses.
- Get started training for your new career!
Each eligible spouse must electronically sign a Statement of Understanding (SOU) confirming the following statements:
- I have read the MyCAA Fact Sheet and agree that I am eligible to participate in MyCAA.
- I confirm that my goal is to pursue employment in a Portable Career field.
- I understand that if I fail a course or fail to complete a course, my MyCAA Account will be closed until I complete counseling with a Military OneSource Career and Education Consultant and get the support I need to successfully pursue my Portable Career goals.
- I understand that if I fail to enter correct school and course information into the MyCAA Account system, I could be held responsible for paying for courses included in my Career and Training Plan.
- I authorize MyCAA to release information necessary to work with my school for MyCAA Financial Assistance.
- I authorize the release of my school records, to include grade/transcripts and financial reports concerning my enrollments for the school(s) I have included in my Career and Training Plan to the Department of Defense.
- Be the spouse of an active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine service member, or activated Reserve member in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O2.
- If National Guard and/or AGR, sponsor must be on federal Title 10 active duty orders as reported in DEERS.
- Spouses of Guard/Reserve members in an Alert, Transition Assistance, or Post Deployment status are not eligible.
- MyCAA accounts will be limited to the new $4,000 maximum benefit with a $2000 fiscal year cap. Waivers will be available for spouses pursuing licensure or certification up to the total maximum assistance of $4,000.
- Spouses must finish their program of study within three years from the start date of the first course.
- Funding is limited to only Associate's degrees, certifications and licensure programs.