We have a new weekly series on our blog that we are excited to share! #ThrowbackThursday: Teacher Edition will highlight a different Champions School of Real Estate instructor weekly by sharing a fun throwback and answering a few questions!
We are kicking off the series with Houston instructor Sarah Lee Boson! Learn more about Sarah Lee Boson, one of our wonderful instructors that can usually be seen at the Houston West and Houston North Champions School of Real Estate Campus!
What brought you to Champions?
“In 1998 I came to Champions to take classes as I had an interest in Real Estate to possibly use as a second career after retiring from teaching. At the time I was a full-time public school teacher. Back then I had to only take three classes to take the state exam. Time has changed today. I met Dorothy Haley, and she became my mentor for many years! She inspired me and encouraged me. She even suggested that I teach at Champions! She introduced me to Rita! I waited until 2006 to apply and was accepted and have been with Champions ever since.”
What is your favorite quote?
“My favorite quote is: “A great pleasure in life is doing what others say you can’t.”
What classes do you teach?
“Classes that I teach at Champions are Principles 1 and II, Law of Agency, Law of Contracts, Promulgated Forms, and my Favorite is Prep!”
How long have you been teaching at Champions?
“I have been with Champions for ten years, Just celebrated my ten year Anniversary in August 2016. I was one of the instructors that taught some of the first classes when the office open up at the West Campus. My first class, I taught Principles I.”
What is your biggest piece of advice for students new to the industry?
“I would share with all students that come through: Perseverance is the Key to Success, be willing to work hard and not give up!”
Three things we may not know about you:
“1. I was a Military Spouse for 21 years, my husband is now retired from the Army. Had an opportunity to travel many places.
2. Younger years I was a Certified Aerobic Instructor and Body Builder.
3. Taught active duty soldiers Physical Training at 5:00 a.m. in the morning at Ft. Leavenworth, Kansas for several years before relocating to Germany. I have always had an interest in teaching, I am still teaching and educating at Champions as an Instructor! Absolutely love my job!”
Thank you for sharing with us, Sarah!
Like this? There’s something for everyone to read, so check out some of our other recent blogs:
- 2016 Wall of Champions – Champions School of Real Estate’s Wellness Initiatives
- Champions School of Real Estate 2016 Summer/Fall Catalog Update
- Randy’s Blog: The More You Learn, The More You Earn
- Three Questions with Sarah Heihn, our New Technical Support Counselor
- Loan Origination Guest Blog: Pre-Qualification? Pre-Approval? What’s best, and when?
- Champions School of Real Estate Keynote 2016 featuring Barbara Corcoran “Rags to Riches”
Want more? Follow Champions School of Real Estate on Social Media: