#ThrowbackThursday: Teacher Edition highlights a different Champions School of Real Estate instructor every week!
This week’s instructor highlight? Jason Tucker! Learn more about Jason, one of our wonderful instructors that can usually be seen teaching at the Dallas North Champions School of Real Estate Campus!
“I had an office manager that convinced me to apply for an instructor license after sponsoring a couple of lunches. TREC approved and she sent my approval to Champions. A year or so later, I’d forgotten about it. When Champions contacted me about possibly teaching, I thought it sounded like fun…”
What is your favorite quote?
“Just about any quote from the movie “Lonesome Dove.” Other than that, it’s this: “At every crossway on the road that leads to the future, each progressive spirit is opposed by a thousand men appointed to guard the past.” – Maurice Maeterlinck, Belgian Nobel Laureate”
What classes do you teach?
“All 6 of the real estate qualifying courses. My favorites are Promulgated Forms and Agency. I like Finance too, but I’m a nerd…”
How long have you been teaching at Champions?
“I started at the beginning of this year, so just about 9 months. Just finished my 29th class.”
What is your biggest piece of advice for students new to the industry?
“Three things: 1st – it’s a job. You have to work. If you don’t, you’ll have to fire yourself. 2nd – keep in touch with every client you ever come in contact with. 10yrs from now, your business will be repeat/referral. Lastly, don’t spend all the money you make. Real estate markets always cycle and you’ll need some of that money later.”
Three things we may not know about you:
“1. I taught myself to solve the Rubik’s Cube when I was in 5th grade.
2. I spent 8 summers as a lifeguard and lifeguard instructor and Ops manager at Wet ’n Wild (waterpark) – best job ever.
3. My childhood best friend, college roommate, best man in my wedding is grammy award winning Christian artist, Chris Tomlin (we were in a band together in high school, I played the keyboard, not because I could really play it, but really more because I had one…)“
Thank you for sharing with us, Jason!
Like this? There’s something for everyone to read, so check out some of our other recent blogs:
- 2016 Wall of Champions – Champions School of Real Estate’s Wellness Initiatives
- Champions School of Real Estate 2016 Summer/Fall Catalog Update
- Randy’s Blog: The More You Learn, The More You Earn
- Three Questions with Sarah Heihn, our New Technical Support Counselor
- Loan Origination Guest Blog: Pre-Qualification? Pre-Approval? What’s best, and when?
- Champions School of Real Estate Keynote 2016 featuring Barbara Corcoran “Rags to Riches”
Want more? Follow Champions School of Real Estate on Social Media: