Real Estate Industry Information
- Texas Real Estate Commission School Information
- TREC Course numbers
- Salesperson Pre-license Requirements
- Broker Pre-license Requirements
- Salesperson Annual Education (SAE) Requirements
- Mandatory Continuing Education (MCE) Requirements
TREC Provider Number 0005
Correspondence courses provide through Tomball College:
TREC Provider Number 0123
Real Estate License Enrollment Policy
TREC Course numbers
|Course Name||TREC Number||Course Name||TREC Number|
|Real Estate Appraisal||211||Real Estate Finance 1||0421|
|Real Estate Appraisal: Real Estate Appraisal Procedures||222||Brokerage||751|
|Real Estate Marketing: Commercial||528||Investment Strategy||0911|
|Real Estate Law||0311||Law of Agency||1111|
|Real Estate Principles 1||0111||Law of Contracts||1200|
|Real Estate Principles 2||0112||Market Analysis & Highest & Best Use||0213|
|Real Estate Marketing||511||Real Estate Appraisal: Real Estate Appraisal Fundamentals||226|
|Residential Inspection||1021||Math 1||0611|
|Residential Site Valuation||0214||Property Management||0811|
Salesperson Pre-license Requirements
180 Hours of core approved Education
- Law of Agency - 30 Hours
- Law of Contracts - 30 Hours
- Principles of Real Estate I - 30 Hours
- Principles of Real Estate II - 30 Hours
- Real Estate Finance - 30 Hours
- Promulgated Contract Forms - 30 hours
Broker Pre-license Requirements
Minimum 4 Years salesperson experience and 900 Hours of Core Approved Education
- 270 Hours in Core approved topics
- 630 hours related hours.
- A College degree may give you the maximum credit of 630 hours related hours.
- or you must take courses in core approved topics.
Salesperson Annual Education (SAE) Requirements
30-90 hours based on when license was received.
- If you were licensed before September 1st, 2012 and are renewing for the first time, you must take two 30-hour core Texas SAE courses.
- any two 30-hour core approved course that you have not taken before will meet this requirement.
- If you were licensed after September 1st, 2012, you must take three 30-hour core Texas SAE courses during the first two year of licensure.
- any three 30-hour core approved course that you have not taken before will meet this requirement
Mandatory Continuing Education (MCE) Requirements
15 hours of MCE courses
- 6 of the 15 hours must include 3 hours of legal and 3 hours of ethics.
- MCE must be taken every 2 years after SAE requirements are satisfied.