A Texas Leader in Real Estate Education
Online Course Completion Instructions
First, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking your course with Champions School of Real Estate. Click on the type of course you just completed to read the course completion instructions.
Steps for Completing Your Online Course:
- Once you have downloaded or picked up your course material you will want to completely review your book or materials corresponding with each course(s) you registered to take. To start the homework questions, log back into your account and click on the title of the course. Click on the start button out to the right of the assignments section to begin your homework. You must answer all of the homework questions and submit them in order to receive a grade. If you log out and leave the homework questions before finishing, the system will not remember your answers and you will have to start the homework over when you log back in.
- Once you have taken and passed the homework with a 70% or better you will then be able to move on to the exam (unless you are taking an online MCE course, in which you must wait 24-hours after registering for the course before you can access the exam). If you do not pass the homework then you will need to retake the homework until you make a 70% or better. You will be notified which questions you have missed upon completion of the homework.
- Once you have successfully passed the homework, you will then take the final exam. In each exam, a validation question will be asked every tenth exam question. You will be given 2 chances to answer a validation question correctly before moving on to the next question. If you answer both validation questions incorrectly you will be locked out of your exam. To have your exam unlocked you will need to call (800) 969-2599 and speak with a support staff person. You may logout at anytime during the exam and comeback to the exam without losing your place. You must make a 70% or better to pass the exam. (Please Note that Online Support Staff is NOT available after hours)
- Upon completion of the course, you will then be able to print your certificate or affidavit directly from your computer.
- Once you have completed your courses at Champions, you will now need to submit your education and inactive salesperson application to TREC in the "My License" system on the Texas Real Estate Commission’s website at https://mylicense.trec.state.tx.us. Click on "Register HERE to set up a user ID and password" and follow the steps to create an account. Once an account is created you will apply for a new license. The application fee for a Real Estate Salesperson license is $163. Once the application is submitted it normally takes between 3-4 weeks for TREC to approve. At this time you will also want to download your FAST Print pass for your fingerprinting.
- Once you receive your approval letter and the "Candidate Information Brochure" (CIB) from TREC, you must schedule to take your exam with PSI Examination Services. Appointments can be made by calling (800) 733-9267 or visiting www.psiexams.com. The cost is $61 payable to PSI. You must pass the exam with a 70% or higher and you will know if you have passed the exam before you leave the testing center. NOTE: You must pass the state exam within 1 year of the application approval.
Once you have completed the required Core courses(s), you will need to photocopy your certificate(s) and submit via mail or faxed to TREC at 512-936-3000.
Note: You must submit your education hours to TREC at least 10 business days in advance of renewing your license online. You may file and pay your renewal fees of $157.50 online to TREC on or before your expiration using a credit card for payment.
Steps for Completing Your MCE Renewal Course:
Once you have completed the required renewal hours, your completion hours will be reported automatically. You do not need to fax in the completion forms.
Remember to file and pay your renewal fees of $157.50 online to TREC on or before your expiration using a credit card or debit card for payment. Don’t forget to also submit your fingerprints.
- To begin the online self-study course, login at the top of the page and click on the name of the course from the "My Classes" page. This will take you to the "Class Information" page
- On the "Class Information" page, click the "Start" button for the first module to begin review the Module material.
- Once in the module, read through each page and click the "Next" button once time has elapse to move to the next page.
- When you reach the end of the module, click the button to return to the "Class Information" page. Once on the "Class Information" page, click the "Start" button to begin the module quiz.
- Once you have successfully passed the quiz with a 70%, click the button to return to the "Class Information" and click the "Start" button to begin the next module.
- Repeat steps 2, 3, 4 and 5 until all modules are complete.
- After completing all modules, click the start button to take the exam.
- Upon successfully passing the exam, you will be able to download a course completion certificate. Credit will be reported to NMLS for you.